Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jeff training update...

I had a little setback. I spent 5 days in Las Vegas with my buddy Jamie (It was an all expense paid trip for his work... and his wife is 8 months pregnant and unable to fly... so I got to be his wife for the trip). We had a great time, but I didn't do much running. Then the morning we left, I started feeling bad. By the time I made it home 6 hours later, I had full-blown flu. So that knocked me on my butt for a week+.

So I basically went two weeks without running, and my first week back running after that was very tentative. Not a very good training regimen leading up to my first 1/2 marathon.

However, I was able to get out and run 13 miles on Sunday... and my time was suprisingly good (I guess all the hard work I put in before the Vegas trip paid off). So as of right now, I'm looking in good shape to meet my 1 hr 45 min goal in the race... and if I really push it, maybe get down closer to 1 hr 40 min. Seventeen days and counting...

Just for fun, here are a few pictures from our trip... one in particular provides a good explanation as to why I couldn't run much...

This is the Venetian Hotel/Casino... complete with indoor canals... very cool.

The Hoover Dam... I had never seen it before, and let me tell you... it was pretty "Dam" impressive.

We ate lunch at the Carnigie Deli in the Mirage one afternoon... when they brought this sandwich out, we both laughed for about two minutes. We both stuffed ourselves and still had enough leftover to feed a family of six. Good thing we ordered the large plate of fries to just to make sure we had enough...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, your blog rocks. I enjoy keeping up with everything going on. Sorry to hear you got the flu...but glad it didn't set you back too much.
Oh, and would you like a keg of coke to go with that sandwich?!?

-Jon