We are so excited to be expecting another BOY!! Zach has been wanting a baby brother and had high hopes that this (our last) baby would make his dream come true. The morning of my appointment, I reminded him we would be finding out that day and Zach said "Mommy, let's pray and ask God to make it a boy" and then he prayed. It was so sweet, I really hoped his prayer (and mine!) would come true! We actually had been praying for a baby boy for almost two years so it would be interesting to see what God's will was for our family.
I had been anxious all week to find out what our baby was going to be because, just like Zach, I REALLY wanted another boy (I have a weird thing about things being even and stuff) . While waiting for the appointment, Jeff and I were both pretty convinced it was going to be a girl (I have thought it was a boy with every pregnancy and was only right one time), so we talked about girl names while we waited. It seemed like we waited FOREVER to be called back for that ultrasound!
Once she started the ultrasound, the tech asked if we wanted to see what it was and, of course, we said YES! Right when she headed down south, our sweet baby immediately cooperated and we could tell before she even said it!!! We were so happy and excited and I started crying, I just couldn't believe it! It was a moment we will never forget! Everything else looked great on the ultrasound although I was off on cloud nine so I couldn't really pay much attention after the joyous news!
To announce the news to the kids, I got them each a special shirt along with a shirt that would let them know what our baby was going to be. They were all thrilled when they found out, however, Ava was a tad upset because she really had her heart set on a having a baby sister named "Julie" (that was the name she had picked out). Zach was VERY excited, to say the least and it was neat for him to see how God had answered his prayer.
We are so happy to have our boy "book ends" (as a friend called it) and cannot wait to hold our little guy in a few months! Meanwhile, we need to figure out what his name is going to be...we've got NOTHING! Any ideas???


No comments:
Post a Comment