Zach picked out this scary looking creature from the $1 section of Target and he immediately devised a little plan to scare Daddy:
Zach: "Mommy, what time does Daddy go to bed?"
Mommy: "Some time after you do...why?"
Zach: "I'm going to sneak in your room when Daddy is asleep and put this spider on his pillow. When he wakes up, he is going to scream like a girl!"
Mommy:"You are probably right buddy!"
I really didn't think he could pull it off because he doesn't normally wake up at night. Imagine my surprise when at about 4:45am, when I got up to use the bathroom, I heard something hit the floor. I looked down and there was the spider! He had forgotten that Jeff and I had switched sides of the bed awhile back so he put it on my side by accident. I smiled to myself and placed the nasty little creature between Jeff and I's pillows.
At 7am, Zach came in and whispered in my ear: "Mommy, I came in at 4:00 and put the spider in your bed but I forgot you switched sides!" I smiled at him and pointed at the spider laying near Daddy's head. Then I nudged Daddy, he opened his eyes, and lo and behold, he screamed like a girl! We all had a good giggle! We couldn't believe Zach actually woke up in the middle of the night to enact his plan!
(P.S. I did give Daddy a bit of a head's up...didn't want to scare him too much!)

No comments:
Post a Comment