Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Renee update (and pictures!)

Thanks for everyone's prayers, Renee's surgery went very well! We left at 6am and got to the Surgery Center earlier than we needed to (wow, Atlanta morning traffic was actually very good!) which was fine because they had a play area that Renee enjoyed. She did pretty good considering she hadn't eaten in over 12 hours and was very hungry.

As we waited in the pre-op room, she started getting pretty cranky and fussed alot. We were able to distract and entertain her some but were thankful when the nurse came to get her so we could get the show on the road!! They allowed Jeff to carry her back to the O.R. and he stayed with her until she was asleep (I asked Jeff to do it because I would have probably boo-hooed seeing her like that!).

Jeff and I were then led to the private waiting room and it felt like 5 minutes and the doctor joined us to discuss the results of the surgery! I wanted to ask him if he really had time to do anything!! It was thankfully so quick! He did confirm her right eardrum had ruptured and the left one was on the verge of the same thing so it was good to get the surgery done.

Once he was done talking to us, a nurse immediately came in and led us to the recovery room to see Renee. She was already awake and not a happy girl! Poor thing was disoriented and tired and cranky. She still had not calmed down after about 15 mins so they let us go ahead and leave. She definitely wanted nothing more to do with those people and that place! However, she cried the whole way home and finally stopped when we stepped foot in the house. I think she was so relieved to know she wasn't going anywhere else where people would mess with her!

After a snack of Cheerios and some water, she went to sleep and is sleeping like a baby (haha) now! Hopefully, we should have a very happy baby soon!

I did bring my camera and had to take some pictures of her pre-op and post-op much to her dislike. I couldn't help it!


Relatively happy in the beginning...

Phoning her peeps took up some time.

"No, I don't want Dolly, I want the snacks in the diaper bag!"

"Get this bracelet off me!"

The upside-down game helped a little.

Here she is post-op and very unhappy that I snapped her pic, she wouldn't look at me again after that.

No comments: