Jeff and I would probably not call Ava an "easy" baby but she was definitely a sweet one. She certainly did not sleep like Zach did, much to my frustration. But Zach and Ava took to one another immediately, they were instant playmates. Ava also had a temper and would arch her back, blow raspberries and throw tantrums as an infant!! Thankfully, Jeff and I did our best to nip that behavior in the bud once she got old enough but we look back and laugh sometimes at her antics. She also despised being in the carseat which made driving down the road a little trying but thankfully, once she hit a year old and we turned her around, she was happy. I think she didn't like facing backwards!
Ava was, thankfully, an early mover. She was definitely stronger than Zach as a baby and started rolling over, crawling and pulling up MUCH earlier which made things a little easier. She started walking at 14 months and I found myself the mother of TWO toddlers. I was so glad that she started talking very early as that made things a little easier, since we could communicate!
Ava has such a vivid imagination like her brother and loves to pretend play. She also is bossy and stubborn, her favorite thing to say is "I can do it all by MYYYYself!" And she can most of the time! She started dressing herself before Zach and thankfully wasn't too far behind on the potty-training. She is so silly and giggles all the time, you can't help but smile and laugh with her. She loves Zach and Renee and loves to give us kisses. I love hearing her say "I love you Mommy". She still doesn't sleep much and pretty much comes in our room around 6:30 am every morning but thankfully, cuddles up next to Jeff and goes back to sleep. We love these special moments with her because we know they are only young for so long.
Not only does Ava love her siblings but she loves Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, and JoJo's Circus. Her security items are three blankets (one white, two pink) that she used to call "bobbies". Just like Zach, she dresses up all the time, I think we average about 20 wardrobe changes in our house a day! Ava is just a bundle of fun and energy and her dance class has been a perfect outlet for her. She just loves it!
Jeff and I both agree that Ava has gotten more cuddly and loving towards us the older she has gotten and we just love it. She is smart, creative and full of joy and we just love having her in our lives. God had truly blessed our family and we thank Him everyday for the gift of Ava. We love you baby girl, you are so special to us!
Her favorite toy as a baby, her purple Hippo crinkle (thanks to Aunt Jen!), that thing would get so wet and yucky but she loved it!
She moved to a big girl bed alot earlier than Zach because she found out how to climb out before she was two!
My little model, already posing for the camera.
Our precious gift from God, Ava Mae




1 comment:
That was so sweet to read! It is fun to remember all of the things they use to do and how much they have changed. Just imagine another 3-4 years how many more things we will look back on and see!
Post a Comment