Well, after many years of being a blonde (real and fake...well, more like enhanced), I decided to take the plunge and dye my hair to match my roots. Although the hairdresser tried to talk me into taking slow steps to dark hair, I insisted on going all the way. Half way through the process, I did feel a twinge of regret but there was no turning back after the color was saturating my hair and burning my scalp! As they were blowdrying it, I felt a little sick inside because it was SO dark compared to what I was used to! Of course, they styled it up nice (which I can never duplicate) which made it a little easier but I can't say I was elated as I left the salon. I am still not sure if I like it but I am stuck with it for now...I asked for dark and I got it! Jeff loves it which makes me feel better but it will probably be a long time before I am completely comfortable as a brunette. At least no more blonde jokes but time will tell if blondes truly do have more fun...I'll let you know!

Here are the kid's reactions when they saw their new (and improved???) Mommy:
Ava-"you look different", "you look pretty", "you look cool"
Zach-"you look like a ballerina", "you look like a princess", "you look like Aunt Kara"
2 comments:
I think you look GAWGEOUS, Dahling! :)
I love it - and I definitely think that brunettes are the ones who have more fun!! :-)
Post a Comment