As some of you know, my least favorite thing about parenting is potty training. I stressed about it so much last summer with Zach that I finally just stopped trying to make him...and then he seemed to immediately want to do it and he has been a champ ever since. Well, you would think I would have learned the same lesson when it came to Ava. She has been showing signs for a year now ( I thought she was going to end up being trained before Zach!) and would occasionally want to use the potty, but overall, she rather enjoyed her diapers and all that went with it! Only two weeks ago, she declared that she LIKED going potty in her diaper and did NOT want to be a big girl! Then, about 8 days ago, it's like something just switched inside her head and she decided she was done with diapers, she wanted to wear her big girl panties and use the potty ALL the time! And since then, she's only had one minor accident (she was trying to make it inside from playing outside) and has only used pullups for nap and bedtime! I mean, it was that easy! I haven't had to do a thing except assist on certain occasions. She can do everything herself and boy is it nice! That means back to only one in diapers!!!! I have learned that kids are going to do it only when THEY want to...so now I know not to stress about Renee when that time comes. Soooo, maybe potty training isn't my least favorite part of parenting, maybe it's trying to get the pickiest kids in the world to eat something healthy!!!!
1 comment:
This is one parenting task that I am semi-stressed about...even though I have some time before it all begins. I will try to learn from your big lesson! :) Hope you are all doing well. Let's get together soon.
Post a Comment