Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our Nee Nee

Renee will be 14 months on Sunday, can you believe it?? This little girl is so special, we just love her to pieces! She is finally getting her top teeth although it hasn't stopped her from eating like a horse. You should see how fast she eats a graham cracker (and how she hasn't choked, I don't know because she shoves the whole thing in her mouth)! Her appetite seems to have increased and when she wants more food she says "bababababa", I am working on teaching her "more please" but she seems to be set in her ways for now. Of the three kids, she is definitely our first really good eater...finally!!!

Although I had pegged her to maybe start walking around 16 months (just because it seemed like she was two months behind in everything compared to Ava), Nee Nee surprised us this week with trying to walk! She can stand still for several seconds and has taken about 5-6 steps before plopping on the floor. She loves to make sure everyone is watching before she takes her steps and loves it when we cheer her on! She can also crawl up the stairs faster than a speeding bullet so we have to make sure the gate is closed at all times....usually, she stands there waiting in anticipation for the gate to open, then takes off...think Kentucky Derby...

Nee Nee's favorite thing is a little brown rocking chair we keep in our bedroom (I actually think chairs are her thing, she has several favorite ones). If we are playing upstairs, you can bet she can be found sitting, climbing and/or playing by her chair. I think she feels like a big girl when she climbs up, turns around, then sits down. Then she will climb out and repeat those steps over and over. She is still very attached to her left thumb, two blankies and her dolly. As a matter of fact, she said "dolly" loud and clear a few weeks ago. I also heard her say a very loud and clear "no" a few weeks ago and haven't heard her say it again...although I know THAT is just a matter of time! She also says "Mamamamamama" at the sound of my voice and that seems to be her favorite word although "Dadadada" is a close second, whenever she hears Jeff. When we ask her a question, no matter what we are asking, she always shakes her head no. Ahh, the rebellious nature already rears its ugly head!

Even though she is #3 and I know from experience how fast they grow out of the baby stage, it seems like each of our children grows up a little faster than the one before. This makes me a little sad but it is fun to see the new things she is learning each and everyday and I try not to take these precious moments for granted. We are so blessed!

Her favorite chair

Her other favorite chair


Her favorite face to make...like something smells bad...oh and that is her favorite chair at Mimi's house

Practicing on Gaga's piano

Already in training to become a Guitar Hero...on the drums

So proud and having so much fun!

Another favorite toy

"Look Ma, no hands"
It looks like they are practicing a dance or something, this picture makes me laugh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of her and Ava...they totally look like they are about to bust out a routine! So cute!