Monday, December 1, 2008

1 year old!!!

Today is Renee's birthday! My how the past year has flown! I can't believe it's already Christmas time again when it seems like just yesterday I went into labor with her while standing in line for pictures with Santa!

Renee is such a blessing to our family, we love her so much and she brings tons of joy to our household! She is a feisty one, if she doesn't like something or wants her way, she will let you know! She finally said her first words, "uh oh" and "da da" (although it sounds more like "duh duh"!), she can pull up and cruise all over the place and climbs all over things...she is a daredevil! She can walk with her walker too...but I think it will be awhile before she takes some solo steps (my guess is 16 months, she will be walking).

12 months old!


She just today drank out of a sippy cup (more than one sip!) and downed about half of it...now if she would stop being lazy and do a better job at holding her bottles and cups! She loves to wave and tries to blow kisses but doesn't quite get the hand motion down. She can also point to Daddy and Mommy's noses when we ask her to. Peekaboo is a favorite game, she loves to cover her face up but Zach and Ava are still her favorite toys.
Jeff and I have definitely noticed that she is more cuddly these days, she will actually lay her head on our shoulder when she is tired and let us rock her. She still loves her dolly and will immediately put her left thumb in her mouth if you give her a blanket. It's very cute!
We had a split birthday party on Thanksgiving (one at my brother's house and one at Jeff's parents house) but she was not interested at all, thank you very much! She did not like that cake in front of her and was pretty vocal about it. Oh well, we tried!

Sister tried to give her a taste


I can't wait to see what the next year holds for our youngest child, I know there are so many milestones she will reach! I am excited to hear her start talking more, hear what her voice will sound like, seeing her walk and also seeing what she will look like with more hair (will it be straight like Zach's or curly like Ava's?).



Playing in the leaves at Kennesaw Mountain


Happy Birthday Renee, we love you so much!!!

No comments: