March 2006- The city of Kennesaw has a "Touch a Truck" event every spring and we went for the first time when Zach was about 20 months old and Ava was about 6 mos old. Zach was finally walking on his own by that point and was getting pretty good (with the help of his ankle/feet supports) and we couldn't turn our backs for a second that day, he was on the move! He climbed over curbs and was almost running everywhere trying to look at everything! It sure was nice to watch him just go after wanting him to walk for so long! However, I think Zach's absolute favorite thing that day was the people dressed up in costumes, there was a duck and a dog and he just ran up and gave them hugs and wanted to touch them...it was so cute! (To this day, he LOVES any kind of character, he is going to LOVE Disney World one day...Ava on the other hand...not so much).
My brother Jason and his wife and their kids met us up there (it was so cold that day!) and we had the best time just looking at all the trucks and the kids got to climb up in them and honk the horns and stuff. Perfect for curious little boys!







(Almost looks like the duck is trying to eat him rather than hug him!)
I love this picture of Ava...she was awake and then the next thing I know, I look down and her poor head was flopping forward and she was asleep! I think I managed to turn her around to face her towards me so she wasn't slumped over...but that girl must have REALLY been worn out (or REALLY bored!) because she would never sleep anywhere other than the car or her crib at that age!

No comments:
Post a Comment