Over the past couple weeks, our backyard has been terrorized by a furry little chipmunk. Tearing up grass, digging holes, all manner of shenanigans. I had tried chasing him around like Rocky chasing the chicken... Shooting at it with my paintball gun (hitting something the size of an apple moving at 20 miles per hour with a paintball gun is much harder then it sounds). I finally broke down and spent $20 on a small cage/trap. The instructions recommended peanut butter and raisins to lure the little bugger (sounds good right, while I was setting it up, Zach said "that sounds yummy, can I be a chipmunk for dinner?").
We found a cage full of chipmunk this morning after breakfast, and I proceeded to drive him a mile down the road and release him into the wild. Our backyard is now peaceful again... assuming there was only one of them living under that bush.
Funny things heard from the kids during the capture and release:
- After Zach came bounding down the stairs after Mommy yelled out that we caught the chipmunk, he looked at the furry little guy and said, "That little stinker, I almost fell down the stairs".
- "I think he got separated from his friends"
- "Good bye chipmunk, enjoy your new home... have a good breakfast"
Honoring Grampa
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment